|WA Government Agency||Service|
|Office of the Auditor General
- Conduct and issue audit opinions on the state agency financial statements in relation to the territories.
- Conduct financial audits of the territory local governments and their subsidiary bodies.
|Department of Communities
||Child Protection and Family Support:
Disability Services Commission:
- Provide child safety services.
- Provide assistance in administering legislation concerning Working with Children Checks.
- Work in partnership with service providers to provide information, and support services to people with disabilities, their families and carers, including the services of a Local Area Coordinator.
Communities (Seniors, Volunteering and Youth):
- Provide policy advice and support for the effective administration of social and employee housing, and assist in social housing management.
- Provide licensing, monitoring and support services for childcare providers, including family day care.
- Implement programs for social inclusion, volunteering and develop partnerships with non-government organisations.
|Economic Regulation Authority
- Promote economically efficient outcomes at the lowest practicable cost through efficient and effective independent economic regulation.
- Provide independent advice.
|Department of Education
- Operate the Christmas Island District High School and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands District High School, providing school-based education for Kindergarten to Year 10 (CKI) and to Year 12 (CI) students under the WA curriculum.
|Environmental Protection Authority
- Provide environmental impact assessments of local government schemes.
|Equal Opportunity Commission of Western Australia
- Provide information and advice on equal opportunity and human rights issues.
- Investigate complaints under the applied equal opportunity legislation.
|Department of Finance
- Collect state-type revenue in accordance with applied legislation and remit revenue to the Australian Government.
- Sub-contract a property manager to manage commercial properties.
|Department of Fire and Emergency Services
- Support the provision of community safety/prevention programs.
- Assess commercial and industrial building plans, inspect completed buildings for compliance with the National Construction Code and test fire safety equipment.
- Undertake fire safety assessments.
- Support fire and emergency services and volunteer marine rescue groups, including: training, emergency exercises, inspect and provide advice on personal protective clothing and personal protective equipment.
- Provide advice on emergency recovery plans.
- Provide a Volunteer Assistance Program.
|Department of Health
- Provide regulatory, advisory and other support services and specialist advice to the Australian Government, including the Indian Ocean Territories Health Service.
- Provide accessible in-hospital services and care in WA.
- Provide community and public health policy advice and support, and tobacco licensing services and compliance.
- Provide mammography screening and assessment services through BreastScreen WA.
|Health and Disability Services Complaints Office
- As an independent statutory authority, provide assessment, conciliation, negotiated settlement and investigation of complaints about health, disability services and mental health services.
|Insurance Commission of WA
- Provide funds management, expert advice and claims handling services in relation to the operation of a compulsory Third Party Insurance Scheme and Catastrophic Injuries Support Scheme in the territories.
|Department of Justice
- Provide access to the justice system including: Judicial and Non-Judicial Court Services; Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages; State Solicitor's Office; Public Advocate and Victim Support and Child Witness Service.
- Provide offender management and community justice services.
- Provide trustee services, including preparing wills and the provision of executor and administrator services.
|WA Land Information Authority (Landgate)
- Provide land information services, including registration of title, and geographic and cadastral information.
- Provide valuation services including valuations, stamp duty assessments and valuation rolls.
|Legal Aid Commission of WA
- Provide legal services, including information and referral, to those in need of assistance to the community in accessing justice.
- Provide duty lawyer services at Courts, legal minor assistance and advocacy (legal tasks) and legal representation.
- Provide community legal education services.
|Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries
||Culture and the Arts:
- Promote a diverse, vibrant and sustainable cultural sector.
- Support the delivery of culture and arts activities through policy development, grants and funding.
Racing, Gaming and Liquor:
- Ensure compliance with applied local government legislation and facilitate the development of local government.
Sport and Recreation:
- Provide liquor-licensing services, including compliance audits and inspection of licensed premises.
- Provide advice on the sporting and recreational infrastructure needs of the territories.
- Provide advice to sporting and recreational groups.
|Main Roads WA
- Provide advice on road funding.
- Provide direct support and advice to the local government on traffic management and road networks.
|Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
Mines and Petroleum:
- Building Commission—oversee the regulation of building, painting, building surveying and plumbing services.
- Consumer Protection—Fair trading, consumer rights, property sale and rental laws, some occupational licences, co-operatives, and not for profit legislation.
- EnergySafety—Safe use of and working with electricity and gas.
- WorkSafe—Promote and secure the safety and health of people at work.
Energy Policy WA
- Register mineral titles and provide advice on associated environmental matters.
- Collect mining revenue.
- Ensure worker and community safety by regulating occupational health and safety in the minerals and petroleum sectors, including the storage, transport and handling of dangerous goods.
- Provide advice on current WA energy policies and practices relating to the territories' energy sectors.
|Parliamentary Commissioner for Administrative Investigations
- Review, investigate and resolve complaints about WA state agencies and local governments, and improve public administration.
|Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage
- Provide advice on the administration and management of Crown land.
- Arrange surveys and prepare Deposited Plans to support disposition of Crown land.
- Deliver Crown land tenure(s).
- Provide advice on the disposition of Crown land.
WA Planning Commission:
- Provide planning and administrative advice to ensure land use and development is consistent with strategic planning, policy guidelines and planning standards.
- Develop and review planning policies.
- Provide professional and technical expertise, administrative services, and resources to advise the WA Planning Commission.
- Provide information, advice and recommendations on land use planning, land development and infrastructure coordination.
- Prepare and review land use planning policies, schemes, strategies and plans.
- Regulate land use planning through statutory planning controls.
|Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Facilitate negotiations between state agencies and the Australian Government.
- Coordinates the territories program on behalf of the WA Government.
|Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development
||Agriculture and Food:
- Deliver biosecurity support to minimise the impact of identified noxious weed species on the environment.
- Provide policy and regulatory support to allow for the development of agricultural enterprises that support economic growth.
- Assist with the protection of the marine environment through:
- commercial and recreational fisheries management
- fisheries research and assessment
- fisheries community education
- aquatic biosecurity services
- fish health diagnostic and pathology services
- fisheries compliance services
- aquaculture management and licensing
- Provide support for Community Resource Centres.
- Provide analysis of costs of living known as the Regional Price Index.
|Salaries and Allowances Tribunal
- remuneration and allowances, or the minimum and maximum amounts, to be paid or provided to local government chief executive officers
- fees, expenses and allowances, or the minimum and maximum amounts, to be paid or provided to local government elected members.
|State Library of Western Australia
- Provide local authorities and associated bodies with library materials, information and support services.
|Department of Training and Workforce Development
- Assist in building the territories workforce through career development and skills acquisition, including advice on apprentice travel.
|Department of Transport
- Provide advice, assistance and support on transport issues including driver and vehicle licensing, vehicle safety standards, marine safety, on-demand transport, transport planning, aviation, freight and active transport.
|Department of Water and Environmental Regulation
Environmental Protection Authority Services:
- Protect and conserve the environment through advice and implementation of strategies for a healthy environment in the territories
- Protect public health, minimise environmental impact and implement environmental policy across the Indian Ocean Territories.
- This includes regulation of prescribed premises, native vegetation, pollution, contamination, emissions and wastes, and incident protection and response, environmental sustainability and climate change, and waste policy and programs.
- Provide administrative support to the Environmental Protection Authority.
- Provide advice and support on licensing and water source regulation and protection.
- Measure and assess groundwater and allocation of consumptive use.
|Water Corporation of WA
- Support the administration and management of the water and wastewater services to the territories communities.
- Generate and distribute electricity to the CKI communities.
- Provide information and advice on the planning, development, management and operation of museums as community assets.
- Provide access to specialised areas of collection management, conservation and interpretation.
- Provide advice regarding the provision of interactive multimedia and online programming.
- Assist community groups with making grant applications and other activities related to museum operations.
- Facilitate access to sector training and mentoring programs.
|WA Police Force
- Provide specialised equipment training to the Australian Federal Police.