2021–22 Water and wastewater service charges for IOT
Date: 30 June 2021
Information on the 2021-22 water and wastewater service charges for the Indian Ocean Territories (IOT), which commence from next month, is now available.
The following increases have been applied to the new water and wastewater service charges:
- 1.75% to 1.77% increase for residential charges
- 2.5% increase for non-residential charges (commercial)
- 1.75% increase for miscellaneous fees and charges (except for builders and conveyancing fees)
- new pricing structure for building application services fees.
Full details about the 2021-22 charges can be found at:
- Christmas Island Utilities and Services (Water, Sewerage and Building Application Services Fees) Amendment (2021 Measures No. 1) Determination 2021 [F2021L00880]
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands Utilities and Services (Water, Sewerage and Building Application Services Fees) Amendment (2021 Measures No. 1) Determination 2021 [F2021L00878]
The rates listed in these Determinations will take effect from 1 July 2021.
The Australian Government, through the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications, provides funding to the Water Corporation of Western Australia to deliver water and wastewater services to Christmas Island (CI) and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands (CKI).
The fees for water, sewerage and building application services for 2021-22 were determined in consultation with the
Water Corporation. The charges are similar for customers in comparable remote locations in Western Australia. The fees charged on CI and CKI are currently less than the cost of providing water and wastewater services.
Administrator of Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands