Improvements to Virgin Australia Regional Airlines services
English PDF: 421 KB
Relevant: Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Date: 8 February 2019
Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA) has been servicing the communities of the Indian Ocean Territories (IOTs) since 2009 and are committed to continuously improve their services to the IOTs.
Below is a snapshot of VARA’s major achievements in 2018:
- the schedule and timings of flights were changed in response to the community requests and to assist with a better and quicker recovery of the services if required;
- additional A320 aircraft introduced to their fleet to improve recovery options;
- the check in system is in the process of being approved to be upgraded allowing concurrent check in availability at both Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Airports;
- discounted air fares have been offered to support inter island travel and foster beneficial opportunities for the IOT community; and
- the wireless entertainment system provides a better experience while flying for work or for leisure.
The VARA bulletin provides you with more information on these achievements, their performance and tries to respond to some of the questions you may have.
Administrator – Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands