Second Public Consultation on Home Island Five Year Strategic Plan for the Indian Ocean Territories Health Service
English PDF: 104 KB
Date: 6 April 2018
Relevant: Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Topic: Five Year Strategic Plan for the Indian Ocean Territories Health Service
Further to the Community Bulletin of 21 March 2018 (D12/2018) inviting members of the community to public consultations with PricewaterhouseCoopers about the development of a Five Year Strategic Plan for the Indian Ocean Territories Health Service, I am providing advice on a second public consultation to be held on Home Island.
PricewaterhouseCoopers will be visiting the Cocos (Keeling) Islands from 11 to 13 April 2018. Public meetings to discuss the islands' health needs will now be held on:
- Home Island at 9.30am on Wednesday, 11 April at the Cyclone Shelter;
- Home Island at 4.30pm on Wednesday, 11 April at the Cyclone Shelter; and
- West Island at 4.30pm on Thursday, 12 April at the Cocos (Keeling) Islands Resource Centre.
All members of the community are invited to attend these public meetings. The Department is organising interpreters for the meetings on Home Island.
In addition, PricewaterhouseCoopers will meet separately with organisations representing the community (including women, seniors and young people), cultural groups and the Health Advisory Group. If you would like to meet individually with PricewaterhouseCoopers to share your thoughts about the islands' health needs, please contact Tim McMinn at email@example.com to organise a time.
Questions to be discussed with the community include:
- How are health needs changing on the islands? What are the emerging needs? What are the priority needs?
- How aware is the community of services provided by the IOTHS?
- What services provided by the IOTHS are most valuable? What services are the greatest priority?
General Manager, Indian Ocean Territories Branch