Development of a Five Year Strategic Plan for the Indian Ocean Territories Health Service
English PDF: 100 KB
Date: 21 March 2018
Relevant: Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Topic: Five Year Strategic Plan for the Indian Ocean Health Service
Further to advice from Mrs Natasha Griggs, Administrator of the Territories of Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, on the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers to develop a Five Year Strategic Plan for the Indian Ocean Territories Health Service (A9/2018), I am providing advice on arrangements for consultation with the community.
PricewaterhouseCoopers will be visiting Christmas Island from 4 to 9 April and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands from 11 to 13 April 2018. Public meetings to discuss the islands' health needs will be held on:
- Christmas Island at 5.00pm on Monday, 9 April at the Christmas Island Hospital, hosted by Mrs Griggs;
- Home Island at 9.30am on Wednesday, 11 April at the Cyclone Shelter; and
- West Island at 4.30pm on Thursday, 12 April at the Cocos (Keeling) Islands Resource Centre.
All members of the community are invited to attend these public meetings.
In addition, PricewaterhouseCoopers will meet separately with organisations representing the community (including women, seniors and young people), cultural groups and the Health Advisory Groups. If you would like to meet individually with PricewaterhouseCoopers to share your thoughts about the islands' health needs, please contact Tim McMinn at email@example.com to organise a time.
Questions to be discussed with the community include:
- How are health needs changing on the islands? What are the emerging needs? What are the priority needs?
- How aware is the community of services provided by the IOTHS?
- What services provided by the IOTHS are most valuable? What services are the greatest priority?
Ag General Manager
Indian Ocean Territories Branch