Have your say on the Christmas Island Strategic Plan
English PDF: 129 KB
Date: 26 July 2018
Relevant: Christmas Island
On behalf of the IOT RDO, I am pleased to announce that consultations for the Christmas Island Strategic Plan will commence on the 29th July, 2018. These consultations will run for at least 3 weeks and will be directed by our consultants - Vanessa Bennett and Phil Gouldson.
You will recall that the Strategic Plan will be a plan for the community by the community to provide a Sustainable and Prosperous Roadmap for our Christmas Island's future.
To ensure that the Plan best supports you, we encourage you to have your say!
There are several ways you do this, namely through:
- Completing a community survey, which will be on line, available at www.surveymonkey.com/r/RMHHHQN or in hard copy at the Administrator's Office, Shire Office and CASA Recreation Centre. Please note that this will be available in English, Chinese and Malay;
- Individual meetings / consultations for business and industry and/or through group workshops for specific industry sectors (such as tourism, education/training). Our office will be in contact with you shortly to arrange the most suitable time, and translators will be available when required;
- Meetings / discussions with cultural and community groups. Again, our office will be in contact with you shortly to arrange the most suitable time, and translators will be available when required;
- Meetings / discussions with environmental representatives, such as Parks Australia and Island Care;
- Youth workshops and youth activities, which will be organised in conjunction with CIDHS;
- Sending an email directly to Vanessa Bennett on email@example.com at any time throughout the consultation period.
We look forward to hearing your views on how·you think Christmas Island can improve its sustainability, prosperity and liveability.
Territories of Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands