Cocos (Keeling) Islands
The Cocos (Keeling) Islands are located in the Indian Ocean, 2936 kilometres north-west of Perth and 1270 kilometres south-west of Jakarta, Indonesia (approximate figures using international airports). There are 27 coral islands in the group with a total land area of approximately 15.6 square kilometres.
Apart from North Keeling Island, which is 30 kilometres from the main group, the Islands form a horseshoe-shaped atoll surrounding a lagoon. North Keeling Island was declared a National Park in 1995 and is administered by Parks Australia.
The following links provide further information about the essential services provided to the Island:
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands—2016 Census Data Fact Sheet
- Legal framework and administration
- Fishing rules
- Environment and heritage
- Traveller information
- Information and services
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands online geographic information system
- Government gazettes and community bulletins
- Photo gallery
- Cocos (Keeling) Island—2016 Census Data Fact Sheet