Christmas Island fishing rules
Western Australian (WA) fishing rules are already in place on Christmas Island (CI) and were not specifically designed for the unique CI region.
Consultation is now being undertaken on the revised Exposure Draft Ordinance, commencing from 9 October 2020 and closing on 28 October 2020. This provides the CI community with an opportunity to review the draft Ordinance which has considered feedback from the 2019 consultations and been subsequently updated.
- Exposure Draft: Christmas Island Applied Laws Amendment (Fish Resource Management) Ordinance 2020 PDF: 421 KB
- English PDF: 3214 KB
- Chinese PDF: 2137 KB
- Malay PDF: 3213 KB
- Service Delivery Arrangements - Fisheries services
Frequently asked questions
- A Sustainable Future for fishing on Christmas Island (2007) PDF: 1388 KB
- Review of Exploitation of IOT Resources (2010) PDF: 509 KB
- Community Feedback - Fisheries public consultations Christmas Island PDF: 304 KB