Christmas Island fishing rules
Western Australian (WA) fishing rules are already in place on Christmas Island (CI) and were not specifically designed for the unique CI region.
An Ordinance was drafted following more than 10 years of research and community consultation and seeks to balance the need to protect the fishery with community expectations. The draft Ordinance was released for public comment on 6 August 2019.
- English PDF: 455 KB
- Chinese PDF: 399 KB
- Malay PDF: 362 KB
- Service Delivery Arrangements - Fisheries services
Frequently asked questions
- Exposure Draft: Christmas island Applied Laws Amendment (Fish Resource Management) Ordinance 2019 PDF: 422 KB
- A Sustainable Future for fishing on Christmas Island (2007) PDF: 1388 KB
- Review of Exploitation of IOT Resources (2010) PDF: 509 KB
- Community Feedback - Fisheries public consultations Christmas Island PDF: 304 KB