Following is a range of Regional related publications.
Australia's Regions: Investing in Their Future
Australia's Regions: Investing in Their Future is the final report of the Strategic Regional Growth Expert Panel (the Expert Panel).
The Expert Panel was appointed by Senator the Hon Bridget McKenzie, the former Minister for Regional Services, Sport, Local Government and Decentralisation on 5 March 2019 in response to the House of Representatives Select Committee on Regional Development and Decentralisation's report Regions at the Ready: Investing in Australia's Future, and was tasked to consider key elements for developing and sustaining regional Australia.
- Australia's Regions: Investing in Their Future PDF: 7448 KB
- Letter to the Hon Peter Ryan, Chair, Strategic Regional Growth Expert Panel PDF: 328 KB
Regions at the Ready: Investing in Australia's Future
On 1 June 2017, the House of Representatives established the Select Committee on Regional Development and Decentralisation to inquire and report on best practice approaches to regional development, the decentralisation of Commonwealth entities, and supporting corporate decentralisation.
The Committee released its final report—Regions at the Ready: Investing in Australia's Future—on 28 June 2018. The report made 13 recommendations to support and promote the economic development of regional communities.
The Committee received a total of 196 written submissions. It also held public hearings in every Australian state and territory.
Progress in Australian Regions
Progress in Australian Regions is a series of publications to provide information about Australia's regions from a range of different sources. Together, the publications provide a detailed picture of the population, employment, economic and transport trends that are occurring across Australia—both in the cities and in regional Australia. They provide an understanding of the nation's overall economic and social wellbeing which is vital for future planning. Australia is a large country and each region faces its own opportunities and challenges. These publications will help governments, private investors and the local communities to identify trends that are important for policy development and investment decisions.
- Yearbook 2019 is a statistical resource that can help answer the question of how regions are progressing against economic, social, environmental and governance indicators.
- State of Australian Cities 2014–15 is an important tool for all levels of Government in understanding where our cities are performing well, and where there are opportunities for improvement.
- State of Regional Australia 2015 illustrates the different ways in which regions change and takes into consideration such aspects as population growth, economic wellbeing and social progress.
Northern Australia Transport Study
The Northern Australia Transport Study (the Study) is an initiative of the Our North, Our Future: White Paper on Developing Northern Australia. The Study considers key transport challenges for Australia’s North, and identifies strategic opportunities to improve transport connections: PDF: 2168 KB