Building Better Regions Fund (BBRF)
About the program
The $1.04 billion Building Better Regions Fund (BBRF) supports the Australian Government's commitment to create jobs, drive economic growth and build stronger regional communities into the future.
The fund invests in projects located in, or benefiting eligible areas outside the major capital cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, and Canberra.
Grant funding is available through two funding streams:
- The Infrastructure Projects Stream: Supports projects that involve construction of new infrastructure, or the upgrade or extension of existing infrastructure
- The Community Investments Stream: Funds community development activities including, but not limited to, new or expanded local events, strategic regional plans, leadership and capability building activities
- The Australian Government announced $200 million in the 2020-21 Budget for a fifth round of the BBRF. Round Five includes:
- $100 million to support tourism-related infrastructure projects which are focussed on mitigating the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on a region's tourism industry.
- The other $100 million will support regional remote Australia more broadly, by funding general infrastructure projects and community investment projects.
The Guidelines for Round Five of the BBRF are now available for eligible organisations and interested parties. Further information can be found at the Building Better Regions Fund Website.
Funding Rounds One, Two, Three and Four
Rounds One, Two, Three and Four have closed.
To access details of the successful projects, go to the Building Better Regions Fund website.
Program Guidelines, contact details for enquiries, and other program information is available on the Building Better Regions Fund website.